Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Chocolate Ginger Bite Cookies

I have been CRAVING my Mom's Ginger Snaps that she used to make, and rather than feel sad for myself that I can't eat them because of the flour, sugar, and dairy, I decided that I CAN have them, I just have to figure out what works for me.  So here's my spin on my Mom's old delicious recipe (with a little addition of cacao powder just because).



Chocolate Ginger Bite Cookies

Gluten-free, Grain-free, Dairy-free, Soy-free, Egg-free, Sugar-free, Vegan, GAPS-Friendly, SCD-Friendly, Paleo

Ingredients
1 C Ground Almond Meal (or another Nut Flour)
2 TBS Protein Powder
3 TBS Ground Chia - Mix with 3/4 C Warm Water
4 TBS Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Ground Stevia Powder
2 tsp Ginger (you can add a couple drops Ginger Essential Oil instead of the powder)
3 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 C Molasses (optional)
1/4 C Cacao Powder
2 TBS Coconut Milk

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix the Ground Chia and Warm Water and set aside.
Mix together all the dry ingredients
In a separate bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (adding the Chia Slurry last).
Add all the ingredients together, mixing well.
Roll into balls and slightly press together.  Place on a pan lined with parchment paper.  



Once placed on the pan, press lightly on the top of each cookie with a fork twice, to create a zigzag pattern.






Bake for 20-25 min until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool on the cookie sheet for 5-10 min and enjoy!  I added some coconut cream on top.  It started to melt on the warm cookie and reminded me of ice cream.  So yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment