Saturday, July 23, 2016

Good for the Soul Chicken Zoodle Soup

Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, GAPS-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, 
 SCD-Friendly, Soy-Free, Sugar-Free



Today has been a particularly busy day, so by the time I realized it was getting close to dinner, I needed something quick.  We had a whole chicken that we cooked the other day, so we had some leftover meat. My mom has been craving chicken noodle soup lately, so I made a chicken zoodle soup instead. It turned out so delicious and so good for the soul!

Ingredients:
4-5 Cups chicken broth + extra water to cover all the veggies 
1 medium onion, diced
1-3 cloves of garlic (depending on how much you love garlic. I love it, so I used 3), diced
Fennel, cut into lengthwise pieces 
3 medium carrots, chopped
Zucchini (spiralized into noodles- You can also chop them or cut into long strips, however you prefer them. I was re-creating the noodles, so I used a spiralizer. Some Cuisinart or KitchenAid attachments have one that makes veggies into tiny strip/noodle-like shapes)
3 Stalks of Celery, chopped
1 1/2 C Butternut squash (optional), cut into small squares
Leftover baked Chicken (cut into small pieces)
Optional: Add any other veggies that you desire. Peas, Rutabaga, Any other variety of Squash,
Potatoes, Brussel Sprouts, etc.

Directions:
Saute the diced onion, garlic, and fennel in some coconut or olive oil until translucent (about 5 min). 
Place the sauted veggies in with the rest of the ingredients and cook over medium heat until veggies are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment